How To Make Sushi and Jasmine In Rice Cooker
If you're a sushi lover and have a rice cooker, then, I'll teach you how to make Sushi Rice . Not only that, I'll also teach you how to cook jasmine rice .
Now, I’ve already recommended some Top Chinese Rice cooker brands. You can check them out and buy the most suitable rice cooker to meet your needs.
It's really great cooking sushi in a rice cooker because it's very effective and fast.
How To Make Sushi Rice
Let’s get right into it…
Step 1: Rinsing The Rice
Now, transfer the rice from the cookie sheet into your rice cooker.Check the rice cooker instruction to see the amount of water to add to the amount of rice you want to cook.Turn your rice cooker. Every rice cooker is different, so make sure to set the timer depending on your rice cooker's setting. First of all, for the perfect sushi, make sure you get the short or medium grain. It's even better when buying the sushi rice which will work perfectly for this recipe.In a sieve, measure the amount of rice you want to cook. It's always better to use the rice cooker's measuring cup.In your sink, put a large bowl and put the sieve right on top of it. This will help with the cleaning and rinsing process.Run some cold water over the rice and rinse the rice gently. You want to remove any dirt and starch in the rice as much as possible.Keep rinsing the rice until the water becomes clear enough. Empty the bowl, and rest the sieve on top to drain any extra moisture in there.Get out a cookie sheet, set it on a tray and spread the rice all over it to dry for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Adding The Sushi Seasoning
- Finally, I'll teach you an amazing trick to get amazing sushi. Stir rice vinegar, salt, and sugar together. Add 1/2 cup of rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Serve your rice in a large bowl and add the seasoning mixture you just made.
- Gently, stir the rice with a spatula without smashing the rice.
Now, enjoy the best sushi rice ever!
Finally, let’s talk about…
How to Cook Jasmine Rice
Since Jasmine rice is a fragrant type of rice, so, there's a special way to cook perfect jasmine rice. It's really easy and won't take much time to cook it.
Step1: Rinsing The Rice
- First, place a cup of your favorite jasmine rice in a large bowl and add cold water to cover it.
- Then, for 3-5 minutes move the rice around to wash it gently.
- Drain the dirty water, then cover the jasmine rice again with clean cold water.
- Repeat the cleaning process again, you should notice that the water isn't as cloudy as the first time.
Tip: if the water is still cloudy after the second rinse, then, rinse it again to get clean jasmine rice.
- Lastly, pour out the water one last time, and strain the jasmine rice from all the water. Shake the rice around well to remove the water as much as possible.
Step 2: Cooking The RiceAdd your jasmine rice and water to your favorite rice cooker. Now, always keep in mind that the ratio should be 1:1. So, that's 1 cup of jasmine rice and 1 cup of waterAdd salt according to taste, but I personally add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to one cup of jasmine rice. (Optional)
Use a wooden spoon to stir the salt in the water so that the jasmine rice would have an even taste.It's time to put the lid on and let your jasmine rice sit for an hour (soaking the rice).Now, check your rice cooker's instruction manual, and set the timer to cook the jasmine rice. Normally, it takes 25 minutes, but, it's always a good idea to read the instructions.
- After the jasmine rice is done, let it rest for about 10-15 minutes and leave the lid on.
- Now, for the fun part, fluff your jasmine rice with a wooden spatula.
- Add your favorite seasonings, serve the perfect jasmine rice and enjoy.
Today you’ve learned how to make Sushi Rice in a Rice Cooker. Also, you got to know how to cook jasmine rice in a rice cooker.
Share with us your favorite rice cooker recipes! Cheers.